Last week, Jesse and I were running a bit late for Institute so we didn't get dinner. Afterwards we decided to get fast food cause we were both starving. After some discussion we decided upon Wendy's. We get there and go inside to order because I have this irrational fear of the drive through. We order our food to go because we were going to go back and watch LOST. The guy at the counter forgot that we wanted our food to go and put it on a tray.
(Now before I finish telling the story. You must realize one thing: I LOVE french fries. I don't know why, but I have always loved them. Whenever we got out to eat, I make it a point to get french fries because I love them so much. Whenever I got to Red Robin, I spend most of my time eating their Endless Steak Fries instead of the burger I ordered because you can save a burger, but not so much french fries. When I had mono and couldn't swallow anything but pudding, I found a way to eat french fries. I adore fries. )
I was sitting there munching on the fries that had escaped the package and commenting to Jesse about how many fries I had got this time and how happy that made me, when Jesse reminded the guy at the counter that we wanted our food to go. The guy got a bag and put all of our food into it, putting the fries in very last. He picks up the fries and there are still a handful left on the tray. In my head I am thinking, I want those fries. Can i reach out and take them? Before I can react, the guy picks up the tray. Oh good, he is going to dump the fries in the bag. No, no, he quick as lighting dumps the fries into the Garbage.
I was stunned. I think I even stopped breathing for a second as I watched my precious fries get thrown away. Jesse and I stood there awkwardly for a second not quite sure what to do now that my fries were gone. Finally we took our food and walked out in silence. As soon as we got into the car, I turned to Jesse and expressed my utter distress that my fries had been so unceremoniously thrown away. I was upset about my fries for the rest of the evening. I may not be able to go to that Wendy's anymore.
13 years ago
1 comments:
Why? why did he throw away the fires?! anything but the fries!! I would have been perfectly happy if he threw away that wrap I had!!
Post a Comment