So this past weekend Jesse and I were up in Smithfield visiting his family. Two of his siblings were in town and so we were all hanging out. Saturday morning I began to suspect I was going to get the ring a bit sooner than I had thought. Jesse had realized he had left his cell phone charger in Provo. He decided that he would just turn his phone off. I was a bit concerned that he needed it, but he assured me that I was the only person he wanted to talk to and I was here so there was no need for a phone. I gladly accept this logic and go off and take a shower. As I am coming back from showering I catch Jesse walking out of his Dad's office with his cell phone. Jesse get's a bit of a deer in the headlight look and awkwardly tells me he was just making a phone calle. Riiiigghht. Seeing how he told me earlier that he didn't need to call anyone.
Later in the afternoon I decided to take a nap. Jesse was very supportive of the nap, a little too supportive. I made him promise that he would come wake me up in a half hour. Well, I wake up an hour later and Jesse never came and woke me up. So I get up and go hunting for him to lovingly harrass him for not waking me. I hear him playing his guitar in his Dad's office. He is always playing the guitar so I think nothing of it and just knock and go in. Again he get's the deer in the headlight look. I tease him about not waking me up and then I start to notice he has song lyrics on the table. As soon as I start to turn to look at the lyrics he scoots over so I can't see them and ushers me out of the room. Very suspicious.
Shortly thereafter his family starts asking if we will be back in time to play games. Back? I didn't know we were going anywhere. Jesse then informs me that we are going to dinner.
We go to dinner at the Bluebird which is my favorite place to eat. After a loveley dinner, where Jesse got a phone call from his sister that the thought spilled the beans, we started heading north like we were going back to Smithfield. I was slightly confused because I was pretty sure I was getting my ring, but it looked like our evening was over. But then, we turned towards campus and all was well. I love USU campus.
We park on campus and I get out of the car and start looking around and just being giddy that I am on campus again. Meanwhile, Jesse is taking a hundred years to get out of the car and is fumbling with something in the back seat. After a while, he informs me that he wants to bring his camera with us to take some pictures, but he has dropped it under the seat. (Earlier he had slipped it in the car so he could sneak it out, but that plan didn't work so well.:)). So he finally gets the camera out and lifts up the camera in one hand and lifts ups his empty hand as well, just to ensure me that he was not getting a ring out of the car.
We start walking around campus and take a few pictures.
Jesse get's out his phone and starts fumbling with it like he is texting. I pretend not to notice, since I have already spoiled a few of his surprises on accident. We start walking towards the A and just as we come over the hill I notice there is a couple over by the A. Also, there were some India Indians playing cricket on the quad. I didn't think anything of the couple over by the A until they started to leave and then came back to the A and then left in the opposite direction. I started to look at them and realized it was Jesse's brother and sister in law. Of course I point this out to Jesse and he gives up pretending and we take a picture of them as they try and sneak away.
(Jesse had asked his brother to bring up his guitar and a pizzookie from Firehouse for us. His guitar is expensive and actually had the ring in it, so he didn't want to leave it just lying around. So his brother and sister in law were guarding the guitar until Jesse texted them that we were coming. Unfortunately, Jesse sent the text message to his brother's home phone in Colarado. So they never got the message, hence we caught them over by the A).
So we walk up to the A and Jesse pulls out the pizzookie and takes some pictures.
Then he asks if he can seranade me while I eat. Of course I think this is an excellent idea. Jesse didn't have much time to write or practice the song, especially since I interrupted him accidentally, so I had to hold the lyrics. I was sitting on the A and Jesse was playing and singing and it was absolutely perfect. Well, I couldn't really eat the pizzookie while holding the lyrics so when Jesse finished he was like How come you haven't eaten anything yet? I explained my circumstance and started eating. Meanwhile Jesse is putting his guitar away and pulls out the ring box. Next thing I know, I have a mouthful of pizzookie and Jesse is started to kneel in front of me. I hurry and swallow my pizzookie bite so I am fully prepared for this exciting moment. So envision this, I am sitting on the A, Jesse is kneeling down on one knee, and he tells me he wants to spend the rest of his life with me and busts open the ring box and there is my ring in all it's glory. Of course I got a bit emotional, but I say yes and thrust out my left hand. He puts it on and we hug and kiss and I jump off the A and he spins me around. It was so perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better way to get my ring.
After a few minutes of hugging and such, we sit on the A and finish the pizzookie because we can't let a culinary goodness such as that go to waste. We headed back to Jesse's parent's house where everyone was waiting. They hadn't seen the ring yet, so I got to show them and we took more pictures. Everyone also wanted to hear our story of how we met and how he proposed. It was so perfect. I am absolutely in love with that boy.
13 comments:
Yeah! I'm finally first to post! That ring is absolutely gorgeous! (just like you) Go Jesse! What a guy! Lots of points and approval from the big sister. Can't wait to see the ring in person!
Awwwww Im so happy for you!!!! Your ring is beautiful! And it sounds like your Hubby-to-be is amazing!! Congrats!!!
I love the ring! It definitely seems to fit you. Congratulations again!
I love you guys as a couple - perfect.
Congratulations on the engagement!
I had no idea you were even close Shallie!! I am totally jealous!! I want a ring and we have been together for 7 months! But I am still super excited for you. I am glad that you found someone that makes you so happy! Congrats!!!
Congratulations. I loved hearing all the details of the story. So exciting. And you have some nice bling now along with a man. Can I still call you SME? Please!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY! We are so, very happy for you! I'm excited to see the *bling* in person tomorrow. :)
And PS - Who knew you could get a pizzookie to go?
CUUUTE!!!
Love your ring--it's gorgeous and looks like your kinda ring.
And you look so cute sittin on your A ;)
Congrats!!
Shallie its your old roomate and long time cousin, ashley! I LOVE the ring! I just love the engagement story too! I also got engaged at the A too! Funny! I can't wait to see you. The ring is beautiful!!!! I love it!! ps, check out my blog anytime!
Yay! I'm so excited for you - thesis and engagement all in one semester. Way to wrap it up, girl.
i want in on the supreez blog!
your ring really is gorgeous... angela and i noticed it at the same time in sunday school last week. Must have blinded us at the same time ;) Congratulations again!
Congratulations! The ring is gorgeous!! Can't wait to meet the guy, whenever that may be :)
Post a Comment