CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My First Thanksgiving......

1. I spent away from home

This was difficult. I love my home and I wasn't sure anything could compare. But new families are good too. :)

2. I spent in Cache Valley

I have always loved Cache Valley. Now I will get to spend many more holidays in that great valley.

3. we had ham instead of turkey

That is right, we are saving the turkeys. All you turkeys in hiding can come to the Taylors next year.
Different is not always bad. I actually don't really like turkey, so I ate alot more at Thanksgiving this year than I usually do. But still it was weird not to have the turkey.

4. it was dark outside when we ate

It was weird to eat and it was dark. In fact, on any other day it is normal to eat after five when it is dark, but somehow on Thanksgiving that is just weird.

5. I was actually hungry for dinner

Since dinner was being ate at the actual dinner time, I was ready for some food. My family tries to eat around 1:00 pm. I am just not ready for that big of a meal that early in the day.

6. I spent an hour by myself

There is always people everywhere at my house for Thanksgiving and we are playing and hanging out. After dinner this year, I found myself all alone because there were only a few of us at dinner. Everyone else was off doing things, so I crafted for a while. Welcome to marrying the youngest child.

7. no one watched football

I don't actually sit down and watch the entire game. I like to wander in when my dad starts cheering and check out the action. But it is always on in the background. It was strange not to have football be a part of Thanksgiving.

8. I had someone to snuggle with after a day of festivities

Despite all the differences, it was a great day and I am so thankful that I have a wonderful husband who takes such good care of me.