in the winter because they get all yucky from the muddy slush that was once snow. Since winter has finally decided to arrive this morning, I was faced with wearing wet pant bottoms all day at work.
While alternately contemplating why I wore flat no traction shoes that let all the snow in and how not to look like an idiot while tiptoeing through the muck so as not to get the bottom of my pants wet I was struck with lightning!
(Okay not really lightning, but a really good idea).
I am simply going to roll my pants so they won't get wet. Genius. I know, I am not in grad school for nothing.
Unfortunately I am wearing ankle socks so that would expose my somewhat prickly legs (hey, it's winter) to the cold.
No good.
Then another stroke of genius: knee high socks! This is the perfect solution to my winter wet pant problem.
For those visual learners here is what I had in mind:

Sadly, as I was looking for this picture online, I discovered this.
Someone has already embraced the idea of rolled pants and socks. So much for my genius idea. Dang it.
But hey, so what if I am not the original creator of this idea? At least I will not be alone wearing my rolled pants and socks.
3 comments:
I too have the problem of the yucky wet pant legs! I hate it! I'm so short that nothing helps!! For the past few years I have been carrying an extra pair of socks in my purse.. it helps a little..not much,
Hear, hear!!! And hooray for boots to tuck them into. Only...then that requires me to buy straight-leg or skinny. Eh. Fine. :)
Hmmm... but do you have any idea for guys. I might look a little silly wearing my light colored eighties jeans rolled up with knee high argyle socks.
Post a Comment