This past week EFY has been on campus. Oh the memories that keep flooding back. I was a bit sad because I love the EFY program, but I was also really missing some of my best friends that I made while working 5 summers of EFY.
I am grateful for tender mercies and a loving Heavenly Father who knows my needs even if I don't ask for them directly.
Everywhere I went last week, I seemed to come in contact with my EFY friends.
My dear friend Jessica texted me several times last week. We had promised to call each other in May, and here it is middle of June and we were finally getting in touch. While I still can't wait to talk to her, it was the little lift I needed just to text.
Through our texts Jessica, informed me that our friend Jeff was on campus working the current EFY session. I promptly texted him, but it looked like because I was travelling for work I wouldn't get to see him. Again, tender mercy, I ran into him as he was waiting for the youth to gather to leave for morningside. His group was right next to the building that I work in. There was no way I could have missed him. It was so great to chat for a few minutes.
Tender mercies galore in this post. It is more of a tender mercy post than an EFY post. I had a business trip to California last week for a couple of days and randomly I posted that as my status on facebook. My good friend Michelle (also from EFY) texted me and we were able to meet up for a couple of hours and just chat and laugh. Girl time with Michelle was exactly what I needed last week.
And to end my tender mercy EFY week, I got to text with dear Mike on Sunday. Mike and I became very close when we were coordinators for the Salt Lake and Utah State sessions our last summer of EFY. I enjoy Mike and his witty sense of humor, his love of baseball, and equal obsession with all things EFY.
And I couldn't end this post without adding in one of my favorite EFY moments/photos. I miss EFY. I am grateful for the testimony strengthening experiences, the incredible youth, and the true friends I found at EFY. And who doesn't love a place where you can wear your straw as glasses while sipping fruit punch? But my life has also had many wonderful things since EFY including graduating with my masters, getting a real life job, and marrying my best friend. (I promise there will be more about my wonderful post EFY-life. I think I may be ready to start this here blogging thing again.)




3 comments:
Oh, Shallie! I miss you and love you. :) Just fyi.
Oh my gosh, I am obsessed with EFY. I went for like 5 years in my teenage years and vowed that I'd be a counselor one day. Then... I got married and never did it, and to this day, I regret it, to the point that one time I called the EFY Management (or whatever) and asked if the counselors HAD to be single, to which they confirmed, they did. Booo! I bet you were an awesome counselor!
Oh dear sweet EFY. I work righ by the University Of Utah and my heart does a little skip when I see the cute little EFY kids. So many good friends, so sad I dont get to see many of them anymore. :( Miss you Shall!
Post a Comment