CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Blessing, caves, and the zoo

I am a bit behind on some of our adventures.  Shelbs doesn't like to do any one thing for very long (including napping) so I don't get a lot of time to sit down and blog. 

On August 5th, we blessed Shelby in our ward.  It was such a special day.  Most of Jesse's family was able to make it ,which was really fun for us.  My parents, grandparents, and some of my siblings were also able to come.  Jesse gave her a beautiful blessing.  I was so grateful that I married a man of the priesthood who could do that for our little girl.  Jesse got emotional right from the beginning of the blessing, but he got a hold of himself enough to get out all the words.  Shelby was a doll in her dress.  It was the same dress that I was blessed in twenty something years earlier. :)  She also was wrapped in a shawl that her great great grandmother crocheted before she passed away to be used for our children's blessings.  It really was a special day. 


Since most of Jesse's family was in town, we had a little family reunion.  One of the days, Jesse played with his parent's bluegrass band at the Montpelier County Fair.  Some of the other families headed out to bear lake before the performance, but we were lucky to get ourselves out to the fairgrounds with no real incident in time for Jesse to perform.  Afterwards, we all headed out to Minnetonka Caves.  I had never been there before and really enjoyed it.  I did not enjoy the 444 steps that had to be climbed in the cave.  I was just shy of six weeks out from having Shelby and I definitely am not in very good shape yet.  But I really don't have anything to complain about because Jesse carried Shelby in her carseat the whole time. :)  We were heading to my parent's house straight from Montpelier, so we were loaded to the hilt with stuff for a long weekend.  We stopped off to eat at an Artic Circle in Montpelier and that is where Shelby had her first blow out as well as a major spit up/barf in the parking lot.  She went through several outfits during these experiences and we had to give her a wet wipe bath in the parking lot.  Nothing like a baby to keep life interesting.

And a couple of weeks ago we took Shelby to the Willow Park Zoo.  She slept through pretty much the whole experience, but we had fun.  We got there a few minutes before they were going to close the main gate.  We could take our time in the zoo, but that meant we had to go through the narrow turnstile exit with our gigantic stroller.  I wish I had taken a picture of Jesse squeezing through the turnstile with the stroller folded up, but my phone had been left in the stroller in the diaper bag, which made the stroller even bulkier to get through because it didn't fold up correctly.  :)


0 comments: