Shelby keeps me busy most of the time. She tends to be rather needy and wants to be entertained and doing everything we are. But she is sure cute, so we will keep her. :)
![]() |
| Shelby loves to look at hanging objects and tells them lots of stories. |
But I did manage to find some time for canning with my mother in law. Last year she helped me make applesauce and peaches. Since their apple tree went crazy again this year, we were lucky enough to get to make applesauce again. I am always rather proud of myself when I see all those quart jars lined up waiting to be put on the shelf. We probably won't be here next fall, so hopefully I am capable of making applesauce by myself. :) I am grateful though for the opportunity to spend some time learning a new skill with my mother in law.| "To Save a Nation" by Larry Winborg |
And last Friday night, we decided to take a stroll through the gallery walk. This is one of my favorite things that the downtown area does. I had to go to it in college once for an assignment in my fine arts class and I have loved it ever since. So we packed Shelby up in her stroller and headed downtown. We saw some really cool origami and folded paper art. We also ran into one of Jesse's old high school friends who happened to be one of my college friends. This really is a small town. :) We also got to hear some didgeridoo music (this reminded me of the worst date I ever went on) at one place. It also helped that there were delicious treats at all the stores. My favorite gallery is the Winborg Masterpieces. I love their work. One day I will own one.
Shelby loved being out and about. Unfortunately, she did not love being out and about in her stroller. After the first store, she wanted out and Jesse had to carry her the rest of the time. But she was happy facing outward and even fell asleep upright. And Jesse got quite the workout. He is such a trooper. I will keep him too. :)

2 comments:
"Shelby loves to look at hanging objects and tells them lots of stories."
I see she and Jesse already have a lot in common! ;-)
I love that picture too! Way to go on the applesauce- I'm so not domestic enough :) I hope you are enjoying your time off of work still.
Post a Comment