CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I love to see the temple




As some of you know, I took my endowments out on October 18th in the Mount Timpanogas Temple. That was such an amazing experience. I had all of my endowed family members with me. As is my life, I had several adventures such as having static cling like nobody's business and there was one part I almost busted out laughing, but all in all it was a very special experience. My testimony of the temple has grown so much. I am so blessed to be able to have the opportunity to go to the temple. I have always thought that I would take out my endowments before I got married and the timing for me to go to the temple right now couldn't be more perfect. When we were there my Dad felt very strongly that I was supposed to be at the temple at this time of my life and that for some reason I needed to become an expert at the temple before I get married. I can already see how the temple is blessing my life and I am beginning to understand what my Dad meant by that.
The next day in church, the bishop asked me while I was playing prelude if I would share my testimony of the temple because I was the newest endowed member. I didn't have much time to think because I was trying to concentrate on playing the organ. I said I would, but then I started to realize what that meant. I hadn't told some people that I was going through the temple and I was not sure announcing over the pulpit was the best way to go about doing that. I had hoped for a more personal telling. And I wasn't sure if I wanted the whole ward to know, because I mean this is kinda a personal thing. So I decided I would just bear testimony of the temple and not mention I had taken out my endowments. Problem solved. I rock. But as soon as the sacrament was over the bishop stood up and announced to the whole ward that I had taken my endowments out the previous day and that I was now going to come up and give my testimony. Plan foiled. And I had just exited the stand and was sitting in the congregation trying to get my organ shoes off and my high heels on. Of course I couldn't get my strap to buckle up so I was frantically trying to put on my shoes and get up to the stand before too much time passed and it became awkward. I bore testimony and in the end was glad that I had that experience. But still it wasn't quite what I had expected. :)

1 comments:

DeeAura

Shallie. You need comments on here! And people need to get the big "shallie has a blog now" news already. :)