Sadly it has been a long time since I actually cooked. School just kinda took over my life and eating became an afterthought. But thanks to Carrie I now am part of a dinner group and have dug deep to remember how to actually cook food instead of microwaving in two minutes or less. It has been fun to pull out recipes and even find that I remember a few of them still.
So this week for my turn to cook, I made Parmesan Chicken, baked potatoes (from the field by my house in Shelley), green beans (grown in my garden and canned by my Mom), with bread slices (Which my Mom also made and I stole this past weekend, but I do know how to make homemade bread by hand. One day.) Anyways, so I was in the midst of being domestic, I even busted out my USU apron, and discovered that I had the chicken in, potatoes baking and had no cheese to make the cheese sauce for the spuds. So I decided to make a shotgun trip to the store. What an adventure that was.
So I went to the Albertson's by my complex. Bad decision for many reasons a) I hate Albertsons just in general, b) it is in south Provo and it was kinda scary, c) you should never go to a store you aren't familiar with when you have fifteen minutes or less to get what you need. Anyways, so I am running around this Albertsons in my skirt cause I got off work just in time to make dinner. Recently I lost about thirty pounds so my clothes don't fit like they once did and I am too poor to update my wardrobe all at once. So envision this if you will: I am running all over this store I deeply despise hanging onto my skirt because it is threatening to fall right off my hips and expose me to the creepy patrons.
But I finally found the cheese and got a thing of jam cause I decided I could use that too and was standing in line next to tattoo man (who was friendly and kinda chatty) and the frazzled mother. I look out the window because we were not going anywhere anytime soon and what do I see? A man with a pink bow headband, a tight purple shirt, with a pink shrug and white hoop earrings coming towards the store. It made my trip.
PS dinner was a success and I am happy to be eating real food and remembering my hidden talents.
13 years ago
1 comments:
Shallie!!! You have a blog! I was snooping. You are awesome...hope things are going well for you.
Post a Comment