CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Itchy & Scratchy

So again, stupid things happen to me. A couple of days ago I noticed these little bumps on my hands and wrist. I though, oh well here I go again having some wierd allergic reaction. Usually when this happens I break out in hives for a day or two and no one really knows. Well this time my body decided to let me know it was not happy with whatever I did to it to cause these bumps. So I am itchy, itchy, itchy.

Monday I was talking to my Mom about my reaction and I was a bit concerned because when I woke up, the hives had moved to my face and were now on my lips! That had never happened before. My Mom was sure I needed to go to the doctor which made me angry because I don't like the doctor and it always takes forever. So I was grumpy because I needed to go to the doctor. Then my Mom started trying to diagnose what was wrong with me. I was driving home from work while my Mom was on WebMD looking up what exactly what hoof and mouth disease was. The whole sound of hoof and mouth made it sound like that was something cows get (and I really hate cows). I then started crying as I was driving because I was scared I had hoof and mouth and didn't want to be a cow. (I know, a slighlty irrational fear and conclusion). I pulled into my complex and made a run for my apartment still crying to my mother.

As I walk up to my apartment, I notice there is some steel wool and like faucet thingy on the ledge by our apartment and the door is unlocked. I walk in and there is our manager fixing our dishwasher. I look at him in all my crying glory and run to my room so embarressed. Really, what are the odds that the time I come home crying he is at our apartment? We put the request to have our dishwasher fixed forever ago.

I am starving to death, but can't go back to the kitchen and face the manager, so I run quickly out again and buy food at the grocery store and eat it in a parking lot all sad and pathetic like with my itchy hives and red eyes. I finally go to the doctor and the doctor is baffled and refers me to a dermatologist the next day.

So then I was frustrated that I had to go to another doctor and waste more time and remain itchy and covered in hives. So I went to the dermatologist today and I have irritated dermatitis. Even though I love medical terminology I will say it in layman terms: it is skin that has been irritated by something. But it is not an allergic reaction like to soap. It just kinda happens. So the good news is I have medication for it now. The bad news is I will have these ridiculous red bumps for another 7-10 days.

PS I am turning into an apothecary. My cupboard is chuck full of medication. I am falling apart. Apparently at age 24, my body has peaked and it is all down hill from here. :)

1 comments:

Mathieu

I'm glad you use the word apothecary. Sounds like someone is becoming quite the susquepedalian.