I don't like post offices. There is just something about them that makes me nervous. I avoid them at all costs. But today I was forced to go there. And my dislike for the post office was confirmed once again.
Incident #1
For some dumb reason I thought I knew where a post office was. So I jump in my car after work and start driving around in the general direction that I think the post office is. I am sure I have seen one by where I live. Well after fifteen minutes of driving around aimlessly and past the same set of kids.....I was forced to admit I had no idea where that stupid post office was and return home.
Post office: 1 Me: 0
Incident #2
I drive back to my apartment annoyed that I couldn't find the post office. I run into the apartment and grab the phone book thinking it would be faster than turning my computer on and finding the post office online. Unfortunately, I was wrong again. It seems that I grabbed the only phone book in the world that does not have government pages. Blast! No post office listed. I am forced to rummage through my apartment until I can find another phonebook that indeed does have the post office listed.
Post office: 2 Me:0
Incident #3
I memorize the address of the nearest post office and I decide to take the longest possible route to get there. I chose to go on the road that has a stop sign every block. And dead ends before it gets to where I am trying to go. And somehow I ended up at the mall for a second. But I finally got there. As I go to pull in, I have somehow missed the entrance and am now pulling into the do not enter exit. Rats! Well i just kept on going cause no one was coming in and did an eight point parking job since all the parking stalls were at the wrong angle. Take that post office!
Post office:3 Me:1
Incident #4
There was only one person in the post office ahead of me. I got to the counter, accomplished my business and in less than 10 minutes I was outta there!
Post office:3 Me:2
Incident #5
The mail slots to mail my letter were confusing and I am only 80% sure that I put my letter in the correct slot. I hope it gets to where I need it too. This all depends on how fast I get my bike for my birthday.
Post office: 4 Me:2
Incident #6
As I was leaving the post office, I remembered that there is a post office in the student center and I could have mailed my letter before I left campus. Ah dang it.
Post office: 5 Me:2
Incident #7
I am sitting here blogging about how much grief the post office gives me. I should be working on my thesis so I can graduate in August. Now the post office is wasting my time even when I am not trying to go to it. I hate the post office.
Post office: 6 Me:2

4 comments:
hey, Jesse looks cute :) We need to catch up, my friend. Love you.
Shallie! That dang post office! I remember one day when I had to go to the Social Security Office in IF, then the post office, and then the DI. It took me 20 minutes to find each one in that order. When I was all done and went to leave the last place, I realized they were all on the same road and you could see each building from the one before it! They were all lined up within two blocks! AAGH! So, I feel your pain.
Shall:
This has comment has nothing to do with the post office, but about the earlier post about fries: Last night I was reading your blog to Rod, and we came across the fries story. Rod reminded me of HIS fry story and I thought you would appreciate it. He had taken the older kids to McDonalds for dinner. Well, you know how the fry boxes have to be popped open? Well, the kid filling the fries didn't open the box! He just put some measly amount in the flat boxes! (the nerve) So Rod goes up to the counter, asks for a manager, and points out the error. The manager just kind of gives him the "You got your fries, don't be so greedy" speech, and I think she was going to have him pay for more fries. Well, Rod says: "I paid for a full box of fries. How about I only give you half of the money since you will only give me half a box of fries?" So he takes a $5 from his wallet and rips it in half and hands one half to the manager! The manager was shocked, then laughed, then personally filled a box of fries so full that they were spilling out all over the tray and the box still had tons in it. Go Rod! Fight for those fries!
Oh the Post Office! Too bad you don't have me anymore to go to there for you.
Post a Comment