This past Memorial Weekend I had the opportunity to go down to Vegas and go boating at Lake Mead with a bunch of friends. There will be more to come on that trip, but the real point of this post is what happened at church that Sunday.
So I was sitting on the bench tired and exhausted from a full day of boating the day before and basically pleased with myself that I was awake and looking pretty cute. The second speaker of sacrament meeting got up and began her talk by introducing herself and her family (Apparently, they were new in the ward). So I mostly pay attention, but not super much, because I am not in this ward and it doesn't super matter if I remember details about this woman and her family.
But as she begins to explain how she met her husband she proclaimed that she didn't get married until she was 23, which is "Old". I couldn't help but giggle at this statement. I looked to my left and sitting next to me was my 26 year old friend and next to him was my 29 year old friend. Then there is me and I just turned 25. To my left was Jesse who is 28 years old. We all were kinda looking at each other snickering because we just became the old bench, with a few of us about ready to kill over. Ah the joys of being an older single adult.
13 years ago
2 comments:
Yes, that's us. I'm thinking about buying some white shoes and pants that come up to my chest, moving to Florida and complaining about the government full-time. :-)
Sometimes I just wanna smack those little whippersnappers upside the head, ya know?? hahahah. :) I kid, I kid...oh, but for real. Hahah!
Post a Comment